Lipstick is one of the most important beauty products on your makeup kit as it helps put emphasis on your natural beauty and bring out your self-confidence. Whether you are going out for your normal daily activity, putting on lipstick that perfectly fit to your personality and attire is absolutely important.
Sad to say, lipstick with popular brand on the market today can come with very high price tag. The good thing is it’s very much possible to whip up your own lipstick at home. By making your own lipstick you will not only save money but you will also unleash the arts-and-crafts lover in you. You’ll also have the opportunity to come up with your own lipstick shade.
Before creating your own lipstick make sure that you have an empty tube of your favorite lip gloss because it is where you will store the mixed ingredients. You should also have some crayons with the colors you love. You will also need to following materials ready before you start:
- Small saucepan
- Small glass jar
- A mitten
- Your preferred mold
Here are the steps to follow and ingredients needed to create your own lipstick:
- 1 tablespoon of crayons (peeled and broken down into bits)
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon of vegetable oil
- Clean Water
- Boil a little amount of water in the saucepan.
- Place the glass jar carefully in the saucepan and add the crayons, vegetable oil and coconut oil.
- Stir it using a chopstick until the crayon bits are completely dissolved.
- Turn off the heat.
- Use a mitten to take the small glass jar out of the saucepan and let it cool for a bit.
- Once it is slightly cool, transfer the mixture into the mold with extra careful.
- And there you go! Your DIY lipstick is ready once it is completely cool.